When you have exhausted all options for weight loss and fighting the endless obesity, weight loss surgery or bariatric surgery is the answer that effectively treats people for whom conservative measures such as diet, exercise and medication have not been effective. It a major life changing event and should be done under careful health evaluation and recommendation. To figure out what happens in a weight loss surgery, here are a few quick guidelines to help you decide before you opt for the procedure.
What happens in a Weight Loss Surgery?
Weight Loss Surgery is a comprehensive procedure and involves several kinds of metabolic alterations made to help you lose weight. They are all minimally invasive techniques (laparoscopic surgery). These changes made to your digestive system will reduce your calorie intake resulting in gradual and long lasting weight loss. One or all of the following ways can constitute the weight loss surgery process:
- Restricting the amount of food your stomach can hold so that you eat smaller meals and thus lose weight.
- A decreased absorption of some of the calories and nutrients in the foods you eat.
- Lowering your hunger causing hormones (ghrelin) with the result that you feel less hungry.
Who qualifies for Weight loss surgery?
Weight loss surgery isn’t necessarily for everyone who is obese or overweight. As a patient, you must meet certain criteria and given medical guidelines to qualify for the procedure. Before scheduling your surgery, your surgeon will evaluate your candidature and the most appropriate type of procedure that will suit your anatomy. Gastric Bypass or Gastric Banding can benefit you if,
- Your BMI (body mass index) is 40 or higher.
- If you have serious weight-related health problem like type2 diabetes, high blood pressure of sleep apnoea, your BMI is that case should be in between 35-39.
- A BMI of 35-40 if you suffer from the above health issues or a combination of the same, called the metabolic syndrome.
Some common health condition changes post Weight Loss Surgery
We are familiar with the fact that a weight loss surgery works most effectively for heavily obese people. On the other hand, it can mysteriously make some chronic health conditions disappear like type2 diabetes, asthma and high blood pressure. Gastric Bypass Surgery can also improve the ability to perform routine daily activities, which could help improve one’s quality of life. However it is critical that patients must also remain physically active to improve their overall health and wellness to make the outcome of surgery last with prolonged success.
Find all the answers to bariatric surgery with our leading cosmetic surgeon at Allure MedSpa. Walk in for a consultation by speaking to us at (+91) 9869041559
Or fill the query form here http://weightlosssurgery-india.com/weight-loss-surgery-cost.html